Vegan & Gluten-Free Chocolate Brownie Recipe
This Chocolate Brownie recipe has been developed by Jazmin from Andover’s Holland & Barrett store. These deliciously gooey brownies are suitable for vegans and they're also gluten free!
130g Doves Farm gluten & wheat free plain flour
220g The Groovy Food Company coconut sugar
30g Naturya Cocao Powder
1 tsp Vanilla extract*
200g Nomo dark chocolate
80ml Good Hemp oil
240ml Rude Health coconut milk
100g Macadamia nuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 160c, Fan 180c or gas mark 4, prepare all of your ingredients and crush your macadamias (if using) into halves or quarters to avoid the brownies falling apart after baking. It is best to work with room temperature milk to stop the mixture cooling too much later on.
2. Line an 8 inch square baking tray with baking parchment and then melt your chocolate.
3. Whilst the chocolate is melting, sieve your cocao, flour and sugar together into a bowl and combine well.
4. Fold all of the wet ingredients into your flour mixture. Once incorporated, add your macadamias. Pour the mixture into your baking tray and level off the top of your mixture. Place into the oven for about 40 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean, be careful not to overbake to avoid a cakey texture.
5. Cool in the tray, I recommend then finishing off in the fridge for a few hours before cutting, for a really fudgy texture. Enjoy!
*If you don't like the earthy taste of hemp oil opt for Emilie Noel rapeseed oil instead.
*You can use any additions you like, why not try Holland and Barrett’s milk free chocolate buttons, mixed nuts or even dried cherries?
*All ingredients, with the exception of vanilla extract, can be found in your local Holland & Barrett store in the Chantry Centre or by click and collect delivery.